Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Unemployment does NOT equal Boredom!

Ok, I'll be the first to admit, after the shock of being laid off resided, I began to think of my new found time at home in a new and pleasant light. Finally, I would have time to really CLEAN the house (ha) and cook wonderful foods for my family, and heck, I'd bet I could even spend hours blogging and eating bonbon's while still in my pj's every morning. HA, not so! The latest drama to happen at the Chiro family household involves me spending a LONG afternoon at the police station with my father in law to file complaints against his niece. She really isn't a nice girl. But that's an entirely different story. We thought after all of that last week, that this week should be super easy. The Fates laughed.

Last night, we had a wonderfully windy storm. And then, the dreaded BOOM of yet another tree falling on our house. Hippies are supposed to like nature and trees and the like, aren't they? Then someone explain to me why I feel the urge to take a chainsaw to every green thing surround my house that is taller than my daughter (aprx. 2 feet tall). Blegh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

No! Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that!

Cut down the trees. It's not anti-hippy to be safe in your shelter. Shred them and mulch the garden with them. There. Recycling too. :)

3:43 AM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

oh for the love of pete. you need to exorcise or smudge or cast demons out of your house.

7:25 PM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

wow. what are the chances? i have BEEN to darshani's website before. it's really cool.

3:06 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Hey Darshani, thanks for the comment! It's great to hear from you again. One of these day's I'm going to try and get back on your group distribution list.

Owl, what a wonderful way to be hippie and tree chopper all at the same time!

SV, I'm thinking a smudging would do us all good. Actually, perhaps I should get out the holy water (we actually have a bottle).

4:14 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Smudge? What's a smudge?

1:12 PM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

a smudge wand is a bundle of sage that you burn to cleanse things. it has native american origins i think.

chiro- i just realized that i'm not linked to you. der. der der.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Hey lady, you got more time to post! What's going on? You and the chiropeeps ok? :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

i saw them today. i swear they aren't dead. but she doesn't have internet access at home. boo.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

You'll have to post updates for Chiromum!!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home