Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bridezilla Strikes Again


Here they are, folks...The shoes that I was 'almost' destined to wear for my little sister's upcoming nuptials. Have you all finished gaging/laughing yet? Now, lest you have the wrong impression....This is a Southern Baptist wedding, complete with the 300 or so family members in attendance. THANK GOD I got her to change her mind.

Normally, when she isn't being periodically, my little sister is a pretty down-to-earth kind of girl. Granted, she is still stuck in the small-town mindframe (why would I want to travel, especially where they don't speak English? Was the response to an offer of plane tickets to LONDON for her gift from big sis and brother-in-law) and upon completion of her teaching degree from Clemson University, she will be returning to the same small town to live out her days in country (lest I say it, redneck) glory. So I really don't get the stripper shoe thing. Perhaps it really is just a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. But I'll be damned if I'm going to shell out $70.00 on a pair of clear shoes that will give me blisters for a DRY wedding on NEW YEARS EVE surrounded by way too many family members. I'm counting the shoe battle as a victory. And a hard earned one at that (go figure that dyed to match shoes did not register in her head as fashionable).

Now if only I could convince her that candy apple red does NOT suit everyone, especially the Matron of Honor...

Poor readers, I'm sure more horror stories are to follow as the day approaches.

4 Comments:

Blogger ChiroMum said...

Thanks for the sympathy! Did I mention that said candy apple red horros of fabric will cost around $200.00?

I'm in the market for a VERY good hip flask for this occasion.

1:00 PM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

good god. i'm the biggest teatotaler of all, but a dry wedding on new years eve in hooker shoes doesn't even register as acceptable in any circle. different components, sure, but not all together.

4:17 PM  
Blogger LoryKC said...

Congrats on your shoe victory!
Aren't sister's weddings FUN??
I actually lucked out on shoes each time--they told me color/fabric/whatever and I got to find shoes to match.
The dresses, though. I cannot begin to describe the dresses. (OK--only 2 out of 3 were bad but they were oh, so...so bad!!!)
In the one wedding where it was ALMOST dry--we got to have ONE glass of PINK wine for the toast!?!?!?!?--at least the dresses were nice!
Good Luck!!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

I would probably KILL for a glass of wine at this wedding...even a PINK glas of wine. As it is, we don't even get dancing. Just found that one out over the weekend.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home