Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Price of Gas

Let me begin this by thanking the uber wonderful Chirodad. Thanks for the prompt to write and idea!

The bee babe awakened at an insanely early hour this morning (5:00 am) and did NOT want to go back to sleep. So, being the rather wonderful mommy that I am, we got up and did a few things around the house before I had to get ready and leave for work. On a whim, I turned on the local news. And of course, the very first thing I hear is...'How Much is Gas Where You are?' Ok, that got me thinking...yes, $2.50 a gallon is rather pricey, and I almost got rilled up enough to really start moaning and complaining. Then, I comment to hubby about the insane price of gasoline and promptly get told, "Yeah, well, I'm tired of hearing that. Seriously, getting from point a to point b is one of life's necessities and you know, a few cents more a gallon just isn't that much." And he is right (hubby, you may want to print this out for future reference).

The increase in price is about the same as the cost of one hamburger (or one fancy Sonic drink...a la diet cherry limeade). And what do we need more...the over processed, almost nutritionally void fast food burger or the gasoline? Now, for those of you who have the PRIVILEGE of living in an actual city where public transportation is an option, my gasoline vs food argument might seem a bit crass. Unfortunately, here in the southland, public transport is poorly lacking. So, I'll forego the burger and take the gas. Dino's be damned. Stop bitching about the price of gas and report some REAL news!!

Edited to add: did you know that spellcheck on this thing doesn't recognize 'Bitching'?? Who would have thought?

7 Comments:

Blogger sweetviolet said...

as has been noted many times, the spellcheck on blogger doesn't recognize the word "blog."

since we drive a range rover, i have little room to speak here. let me just say...GET A FUEL EFFICIENT CAR PEOPLE! we are trying SO hard, but have SO much negative equity that we can't get out from under this beast.

7:34 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Exactly! But, telling people to get a fule effecient car in the Southland is a futile effort.

We are looking at an older model diesel suburban to run on biodiesel.

9:02 AM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

there is some guy who modified his land rover to run on restaurant grease. i don't think restaurant grease has a clothing line yet though.

10:20 AM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

You can run any diesel without modification on biodiesel. To run them on straight veggie oil, you have to make a few slight modifications. Still, wouldn't it be cool to run through the drive-through of some greasey spoon and be able to fill up your car on THEIR waste?

3:46 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

I got spammed!!! I feel loved now!! Eesh, my life is sad...

11:51 AM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

ew. i'm a vegetarian. please don't spam me!

3:59 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Ok, ok, how about veggie spam for SV?

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home