Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Husband's Dream Home


This, my friends, is a YURT. It is basically a tent on a platform with a large hole in the ceiling to vent smoke from a cozy fire. Hubby's dream vacation home would be a large yurt surrounded by little pod-like yurts as guest rooms on a random lot, far away in the mountains somewhere. I've said OK...just as long as I've got a bathroom that doesn't have a half-moon on the door and a stack of magazines/leaves on the roll.

Oh, lest I forget...I am to be the one to sew said yurt. Help?

4 Comments:

Blogger sweetviolet said...

remember how i asked you "what the hell is a yurt?" well i thought i had conor on this one. i posed the question. his reply? it's a mongolian tent with a high ceiling. sometimes i want to punch him in the nose.

2:27 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Wow. That's impressive...scary, but impressive. Hey, at least he doesn't want you to sew one for your family to live in! :-)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

When I was in Montana earlier this year, I ate lunch in a well-furnished yurt. Nice indeed and fairly easy to construct/de-construct.

3:06 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I'm just a little worried about the sewing factor...I'm pushing for us buying the initial one, then once I figure out the design to sew one. We shall see, though. You've got to admit, though, a yurt anywhere in the Carolina's is going to grab some attention. Then again...it might be the solution to my father-in-law's housing issues!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home