Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Call me the Wicked Witch of the East...


Because a TREE fell on my house this morning at 12:55 am.


I now have 2 holes in my roof, and just missed having this thing on my HEAD as it hit the wall between my bedroom and the library. Poor Bee babe woke up screaming, and I can't say I blame her. It is NOT a fun thing to be awakened by a loud freaking boom. Of course, once she got herself calmed down and truly awake, we walked into the library to assess the damage and she promptly pointed up to the protruding limbs and announced, "TREE!". Notice the cat in the picture...I can only imagine what he's thinking...

5 Comments:

Blogger sweetviolet said...

good god. is your house on an ancient indian burial ground or something?

1:36 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

I'm starting to think so. After all of this happened...I managed to roll my ankle and remove the skin from about 4 square inches on my leg. Today's a new day, though, and the tree will be removed. Along with every other damn tree taller than me in the yard if I have any say in the matter.

8:22 AM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Way to go public transportation!!

The apiary and inhabitants are doing just fine. Thank goodness!

8:40 AM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

if you use my height as a tree removal guide, you can just have bushes and shrubs. and maybe some tall flowering plants.

i have to wonder about the bus when the discussion involves apiaries.

9:57 AM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

SV, can you only imagine the conversation on the bus in our neck of the woods?

Hey, I've only got MAYBE 2 inches on you, so bushes and shrubs are just fine in my book!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home