Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wish I were here now...


Because it is darn hot in SC right now.

Because nothing is as special as your first trip overseas.

Because nothing is as wonderful as a honeymoon.

Because we were on a relationship high then, not too easily irritated by one another's idiosyncrasies. Romance wasn't a dreaded word or dream of things past. We could walk all day and explore all the fascinating nooks and crannies powered only by a liter bottle of water and our excitement at being in a new place as an official, state-sanctioned married couple.

Because even though the airlines decided Newark, NJ needed our backpacks more than we did and left us without clothes in November in the UK, we still had fun.

Because I never would have met the odd New Zealand girl that thought we celebrate Guy Fawkes day in the states, nor would I have met the smelly, knows-no-boundaries Scottish guy on the eternally long and hot bus ride from Edinburgh to London.

But, I'm here in SC now...a married mom. And really, this is where I need to be. And I'm happy about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger sweetviolet said...

a shotgun las vegas honeymoon just isn't the same hmm? my first trip overseas was to india, and my memories of it are about the dearest i have prior to birdy and baby.

2:35 PM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

I would LOVE to go to India. Unfortunately, the hubby refuses to go where the climate is hotter than it is here.

Vegas is fun, not that I imagine that you SAW any of it other than the hotel room...

3:07 PM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

you just need to go off season...which i guess may be monsoon season...so maybe not. we saw plenty. my friend's parents won a free trip for 100 people. it was a blast.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home