Friday, December 02, 2005

My cat is a Gigolo!



Yes, thats right. I'm admiting that my cat is not the most selective of creatures. To those of you who don't know, I have an almost 6 year old black and white neutered feline in my posession of the name Nick (Mr. Mistofoles was a bit hard on the tongue). Nick has been with me for quite a while...through several college roomates (and helped harbor the love of all things feline in one of them, Kim you know I'm talking about you), crazy parents, and now a husband, daughter, and live in father-in-law. At one point, poor Nick was forced to give up the lazy house-cat life and become quasi-feral at the Dragon Lady's home (aka, Chirodad's Grandmother). She tried to rename him, but he was having none of that nonsense, thankfully!

It was noted by the two fabulous college roomies that Nick was somewhat of an attention whore. We'll translate that to food whore...we found out that he actually had a 'route' of apartments that he visited where each of the little old ladies fed him copous amounts of tuna and milk (the smell makes sense now). Fast foward a few years to our current living situation. I've noticed a certian fuzzy grey furball hanging around with Sir Nick, as he goes about his neighborhood route (begging for food and attention, no doubt). I thought that this grey cat would be a good companion for Nick, especially considering that his fathering kittens was out of the question. And I had thought that one companion would be enough for him. Ha, boy was I wrong. Turns out, the grey kitty is only his daytime companion...at night, he hangs out with this fellow, who scares the bejesus out of me!

4 Comments:

Blogger sweetviolet said...

oh my god, i was RIGHT! do you know how freakin' evil possums are??? i had to take care of them when i worked for a wildlife shelter. even the babies are out for blood.

10:35 AM  
Blogger sweetviolet said...

isn't it gigolo?

10:36 AM  
Blogger ChiroMum said...

Dangit, you are right...I'll have to change that! You'd think being from SC I'd know how to spell that one.

The possum is evil...it likes to either live under my car or it hides in the tree near my car, right at eye level and HISSES at me! And I feed the dang thing!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

Maybe they're trying to team up for a Disney movie - The Cat and the Possum? Once they've worked a plot out... :)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home